Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti 2024 is observed on 23rd January. This day is celebrated for the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, the freedom fighter. The Indian government set aside this day on Netaji’s 125th birthday to inspire Indians, especially the youth, to emulate his resilience, selflessness, bravery, and patriotic zeal in the face of hardship. The year 2024 is known as Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanthi, or Parakram Diwas. Born on January 23, 1897, Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose made a lasting impression on the history of India by playing a crucial role in the country’s fight for independence.
This momentous day provides us with a chance to pause and consider the life, sacrifices, and unshakable dedication of this great leader in 2024. Various seminars, events, and cultural programs are organized across the country to honor Netaji’s memory, fostering a sense of patriotism and pride. Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti encourages future generations to uphold his ideals and carry on the fight for a more equitable and just society by serving as a reminder of the tenacity and resolve needed to pursue justice and freedom. \
In a vibrant display of historical reverence and patriotism, Universe Public School marked the celebration of Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti 2024 with enthusiasm and fervor. On January 23, the day of his birth, educators and students joined forces to honor the unwavering spirit of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. The school organized a series of events, including thought-provoking speeches, informative sessions on Netaji’s life, patriotic songs, and fostering a sense of national pride and unity among the students. In addition to teaching the next generation about India’s rich past, the event attempted to inculcate in them the virtues of bravery, selflessness, and devotion that Netaji personified in his unwavering quest for independence.
Theme of Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti 2024
The Theme for Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti 2024 is “Netaji-The Inspiration for a New India”. This theme honors the legacy of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, the national hero who motivated millions of Indians to fight for their country’s independence. His determination, courage, and unwavering commitment to freedom continue to inspire generations, reminding them of the sacrifices made to achieve self-governance.
Significance of Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti
Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti is an Indian national holiday commemorating the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, a prominent politician, nationalist and freedom fighter who played a pivotal role in India’s struggle for independence. Every year on January 23, Parakram Diwas is observed to pay tribute to Netaji Bose’s strong spirit of patriotism, his unwavering devotion to liberation, and his strong spirit.
- Participate in a national event organized by the central government on this day. It is carried out by the Ministry of Culture. Work with them to plan this event and encourage notable citizens to observe it.
- Teach others about the life and times of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on this day. You may also use this occasion to teach students about patriotism, the struggle for liberation, bravery, and speaking up against injustice in your community or organization.
- On Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti 2024, read a book about Netaji titled “Book: Letters of Netaji (1926-1936)” published in the inaugural function of this day.
History of Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti
The origins of Parakram Diwas may be traced to 2021 when Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose’s 124th birthday was designated as a national holiday by the Indian government. The decision was made in recognition of Bose’s contributions to the Indian independence movement. On January 23, 2021, the first Parakram Diwas was observed in India through several activities. In addition to several public activities and educational programs, the Indian government hosted formal ceremonies.
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose was born on January 23, 1897, in Cuttack, Orissa/Odisha. His parents were Janakinath Bose and Prabhavati Dutt.
- In 1942, during World War II, Netaji raised and commanded an army of 5,000 soldiers in Southeast Asia under the motto of “Delhi Chalo,” or the Indian National Army. To win over the people in his native Bengal, he also started a new political party called “the Forward Bloc”.
- Reports state that on August 18, 1945, Netaji sustained third-degree burns in an aircraft crash near Tohuku, Japanese Taiwan. Several suspicions persist regarding his location, even though the authorities declared his death in 2017.
- A press release from the Indian government’s Ministry of Culture on January 19, 2021 stated that the posthumous 125th birthday of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose will be celebrated beginning on January 23, 2021. This celebration was dubbed Parakram Diwas, which means “Day of Courage” or “Day of Valor,” in remembrance of Netaji’s sacrifice and significant contribution to the Indian independence movement.
Key Characteristics of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
- Patriotism: The motivation behind Bose’s acts was his deep love and unflinching dedication to India’s independence.
- Courage and Determination: He persevered in his quest for independence in the face of great obstacles and misfortune with bravery and resolve.
- Charismatic Leadership: Subhas Chandra Bose became a respected leader in India due to his captivating speeches and endearing demeanor.
- Strategic Thinking: His strategic approach to the independence movement, including the formation of the INA, demonstrated his leadership qualities.
- Unwavering Commitment: Even in the face of difficulties and resistance, Subhash Chandra Bose’s unflinching dedication to India’s freedom is still an inspiration.
Celebrating Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti 2024
Let’s honor this great man by commemorating his efforts and accomplishments on Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti in 2024. Various seminars, events, and cultural programs are organized across the country to honor Netaji’s memory and keep his legacy alive. Youth should be reminded of the sacrifices made by our freedom fighters to inculcate in them a sense of pride and patriotism. As part of the celebrations, Universe Public School also organized a series of competitions such as drawing, and essay writing, allowing students to express their understanding and admiration for Netaji in creative ways.
When is Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti 2024 observed?
January 23, 2024, is recognized as Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti.
When was Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose born?
Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose was born on 23rd January 1897.
When was the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti celebrated first?
The Ministry of Culture observed Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti for the first time on January 23, 2021.
Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti 2024 also called?
Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti is also known as Parakram Diwas 2024.
Why is Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti celebrated?
Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti is celebrated to honor the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. This day honors his vital contributions to the Indian independence movement and his constant commitment to the goal of an independent and sovereign India.
What are some key contributions of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose?
In addition to organizing the Indian National Army (INA) to combat British rule, Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose made several of important accomplishments, such as promoting radical and direct action and founding the Forward Bloc.
How did Subhas Chandra Bose’s life end?
Subhas Chandra Bose’s life ended in a mysterious plane crash on August 18, 1945, in Taiwan.